Thursday, September 27, 2007

Ty Pennington

OK, he is pretty cute to begin with but I am falling in love with what this guy does! For those of you who may not know, he hosts the show Extreme Homemakover". Yeah he gets paid for what he does but the guy has a heart of solid gold. I get more impressed with him and his crew everytime I see a new episode. The last show I watched (which was a repeat but an episode that I had missed) he replaced a single wide trailer with a 4500 square foot home that was to die for. This family had been through the ringer. Their youngest girls, who are twins, were both diagnosed with leukemia. Both went into remission, but one fell victim to it again. She had been in the hospital for 3 months, her mom by her side. She needed a "hospital type" sterile environment to come home to. Ty and crew not only built a fantabulous home but added two industrial hepa filters. I was crying by the end of the show. He is an inspiration to me. Most of us cannot afford to do the things Ty does but we can do our best to help those in need. Help can come in so many forms... a hug.. a phone call.. food... money... prayer...clothes...an email...physical labor...or maybe just a "Walk across the room" The options are infinite. Open your eyes and your hearts and see what is out there. I know it is on my priority list!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah--I LOVE Ty, too. That show always puts my life into perspective every time I watch it.

Cat eyez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cat eyez said...

(sorry I deleted the other one, I am such a typo queen)That show is pretty phanominal. It makes me cry too, as did your blog. I agree that one small act of kindess can help in tremendous ways. I love the song "What if God was one of us". Makes you stop and think twice about passing up the opportunity to help that homeless man/woman on the street by giving a dollar. Does it really matter what s/he uses it for? You never know, it may be Jesus. Even if it wasn't, you still gave something, your time, energy, money and kindness. The man upstairs sees all.